Finding reliable health information online can be a challenge. It is especially difficult to determine which holistic health information you can trust. The websites and resources listed below have been carefully reviewed to insure that they offer quality information.
- Holistic Resources – sites on alternative medicine
- Health Associations – agencies with disease-specific content
- Government Health Sites – reliable, research-based information
- Online Support Groups – forums offering emotional support
- Patient Sites / Blogs – helpful info from patients who understand
- Research Sources – tools for learning the latest science
- Inspiration / Other – fun, inspiring sites to make you feel good, along with sites that offer free online education.
Points to Consider
- An “*” means there could be a potential conflict of interest because the site sells products or services.
- Patient & blog sites and online forums are generally managed by laypeople and do not necessarily offer sound medical advice.
- Resources are generally organized in alphabetical order.
- Online information is no substitute for medical care. Always seek the advice of a trusted health professional.
Many of the valuable resources included throughout this section originated from the American Holistic Medical Association’s helpful website, along with the AARDA’s Links page http://www.aarda.org/links.php
[Last Updated: 11/8/15]